Coach Kevin Tucker’s Road to Career Coaching
At the ripe ‘ol age of 50+, I’ve gone through many life and career changes that you might face. I made six-figures — but didn’t enjoy it; I had times of not knowing why I was even hired; I’ve been downsized, asked to resign, and let go under false pretenses. I even packed up my family and moved across the country to pastor a church. But these experiences drove me to find my passion in career coaching.
I’m Kevin Tucker, and as a certified career and life coach, I work with mid-life career changers who are working to find a job that is enjoyable, meaningful and profitable. Something that I’m guessing hits very close to the core of who you are.
Whether it’s through individual career coaching, team building or keynote addresses, or corporate consultation — one thing is true, my passion is to offer my clients the very best as you make these next critical decisions that will effect your career and life.
With your passion and desire to take the next step in your life, and my experience in teaming up with hundreds of individuals just like yourself, now is your time!
To your success!
Kevin Tucker, M.A., MCD, CCM, CC, PHR
Coach Kevin’s Professional Background
Over 10 years ago, Coach Kevin found his passion and became a certified career coach. Ever since then, his mission has been to partner with professionals and guide them through career and life transitions—so they too can find their passion.
Prior to becoming a Career Coach, Kevin Tucker earned his Master’s degree in Human Resources Development and another in Management from Webster University. During the next 20 years, he gained valuable management and leadership experience within large corporations, small businesses, and ministry.
Once he discovered his true passion, Coach Kevin trained as a Credentialed Career Director, Trained Behavior Consultant for DISC Career Assessments, and more. His work has been nationally recognized and sought out by organizations such as CareerBuilder, Gannett (publishers of USA Today), and NPR (National Public Radio).
A Community Partner
As an active member of the community over the years, Coach Kevin is involved with his community in a variety of ways, including:
- Provides volunteer career coaching services for Career Connectors Networking Group.
- Provides oversight and leadership to Living Your Passion and Career Connectors job transition groups on LinkedIn.
- An active member of his local church, where he serves on the Staff/Pastor Relations Committee.
- Serves as an ordained Christian minister for the community.
- As a veteran, he works with various veteran groups in their transition back into civilian life.
- Scouting, has served as both Assistant Scoutmaster and district volunteer. As an Eagle Scout, Coach Kevin is dedicated to developing character and leadership in today’s youth.
Professional Affiliations & Organizations:
- M.A., Human Resources Development, Webster University
- M.A., Management, Webster University
- Career Directors’ International – credentialed as a Master Career Director
- Career Thought Leaders – Credentialed Career Manager (CCM)
- International Coaching Federation, Columbus Charter Chapter – past board member
- Trained through The Coaches Training Institute (CTI)
- Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) – certified as Professional in Human Resources
- ProfilingPro Advisory Board – current board member
- Toastmasters International – current board member
- Behavior Consultant for DISC Career Assessments
Recent Media & Print Contributions:
- 1100 News and Talk Radio
- AZ Republic, Ask the Expert column
- Career Connectors Networking Group
- Career Development Association
- Career Planning and Adult Development Journal
- Crossroads Event Center
- Gannett publishing (publishers of USA Today)
- Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Still Serving Veterans
- Toastmasters International
- Various churches and non-profit organizations