Coach Kevin Tucker has compiled a list of career links to assist you with jump-starting your Internet job search. Each of the following links has been reviewed for content, ease of use, and relevancy for job-seekers.
The sites have been categorized; sites that fell into multiple areas were placed according to the most logical topic. If you wish to recommend a great career site that is not listed here, please contact Coach Kevin and indicate the site URL.
Major Job Search Sites (Resume Databases, Resume Posting, Search Available Jobs)
- Active Hire – You can add your resume, use their resume builder, receive emails about new jobs, or just do a regular search through their current listings.
- CareerBuilder.com – Provides jobs, career advice, columns, and tips to get ahead in today’s workplace.
- CareerCity – Job seekers may post resumes, search jobs, learn about job fairs, and research companies. Contains career-related articles and newsletter.
- Career One Stop – Department of Labor’s job site where users can search for jobs and submit their resumes. Site allows registered users to conduct customized job searches.
- Career Park – Where job seekers can search or browse job postings, as well as, post your resume.
- CareerPath.com – Career management site, powered by leading newspapers and employers in the US. Job seekers may search newspaper listings by state and job openings with leading employers.
- Career Shop – Offers services and tools to assist with an online job search, including job postings, a place to upload resumes, and job fair information. Users can apply for openings with a click of a mouse.
- CareerSite – Create a profile and then conduct a confidential job search.
- Career Surf – Where job seekers from a variety of industries across the U.S. and Canada can search for jobs and post your resume.
- Fresh Jobs – Where all job postings are no older than one week. Job-seekers can search for jobs by locations, skills, benefits, job type, or company as well as post your resume.
- GO Jobs – Search the job database by region, occupation, and employment type. Post your resume to their database.
- Help-Wanted.Net– Browse job postings from thousands of recruiters and corporate web sites.
- Yahoo! Hot Jobs – Find a job by location, job type, or company and browse their library of company profiles. Site also offers message boards and job seeker resources.
- Indeed.com – a meta-search job site that pulls job postings from more than 500 places, including the major job boards, the top 200 newspapers, hundreds of professional associations, and company career centers. Job-seekers can search for job listings by keywords.
- Jobalot.com – a mega-meta job site, where job-seekers can use a simple job search interface to find thousands of the job listings from hundreds of the best job sites. You can also browse jobs by category, find career resources, or learn about continuing education opportunities.
- JobBank USA – Job seekers may visit a comprehensive directory of Internet employment resources, including a Job MetaSEARCH page that accesses a large employment database.
- Job Central – provided by leading U.S. employers in alliance with the National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA)
- Job Hunt – Information and links to 13,733 employer and job search resources.
- Job Opportunity and Free Resume Bank – Offers a free resume database where job seekers can post their resume free and connect with employers.
- Job Search Easy – Provides job searches by state and category, it also provides tools such as resume critiques, salary calculator, career test and more.
- Jobster – Allows you to post your resume, search numerous listings and set up job alerts to be delivered to your email.
- Linkup – Job search engine geaturing exposing hidden jobs.
- The Monster Board – Online network where job seekers can search jobs, research companies, post resumes, and ask career-related questions.
- myjobsearch.com – Offers links to human resource departments at Fortune 500 companies, major recruiting firms, and all newspaper classified ads in the U.S.
- ProHire – Job board, resume bank, and career center for job seekers.
- Search-It-All – Search for jobs at top sites, including Yahoo!, America’s Job Bank, Dice, Monster Board, Net-Temps, CareerBuilder, Career Mosaic, Hot Jobs, Headhunter.Net, Computerwork.com, and Best Jobs USA.
- Simply Hired – Aggregate job search engine website. Search millions of jobs by keywords or location, or you can just browse by industry.
- Twitjobs – Posted over 140,000 jobs via social media in the past year.
- Twitter Job Search – Twitter job search engine using social media.
- VaultReports.com – Job seekers may browse jobs and sign up to receive e-mail notification of matching jobs. Provides an excellent resource for researching companies (history, goals, how to get hired) and a water-cooler/gossip message board to get the inside scoop from current or former employees.
Recruiters, Headhunters, Employment Agencies
- Find a Recruiter – where job-seekers who are looking for a recruiting professional (headhunters, executive search, staffing firms) can search a database of more than 10,000 recruiters. Search by company name, specialty, or location. Free to job-seekers.
- NationJob Online Jobs Database – Provides a computerized job listing, company listing, and a service called, “P.J. Scout,” which keeps job seekers informed about new jobs that match their qualifications and interests.
Federal, State, & City Job Search
- City of Columbus Jobs – Job board for jobs with the City of Columbus.
- DCJobs – Job board for Federal Government Jobs
- Govtjobs.com – Helps people find jobs in the public sector. Also provides job resource information by state and a list of local government executive search firms.
- FedWorld Federal Jobs – The FedWorld Federal Job Search uses files created by the Office of Personnel Management. Browse openings by state or region.
- Ohio.gov – search all electronic job opportunities which include Ohio employers, national commercial job boards and niche industries.
- State of Ohio Careers – job board for careers with the State of Ohio.
- Transportation Security Administration – Job board for careers with the TSA.
- USA Jobs – Federal job board.
- U.S. Department of the Treasury Employment Opportunities – Career opportunities in law enforcement, international economics, banking, accounting, marketing, law, and information technology. Includes hot jobs, internships, salary and benefits information, and a resume builder.
- U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs – career board for U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- U.S. Postal Service – job board for the US Postal Service.
Managers and Executives
- 6 Figure Jobs – Exclusive career site for executives and senior level professionals.
- Exec-U-Net – Job, career, and networking organization exclusively for senior-level executives, particularly those with salaries at $100,000+.
- Executive Recruiter Galleria – Conduct a search for executive recruiting firms.
- Professional Openings – Professional and executive openings with salaries from $50,000 – $1,000,000+.
- Wall Street Journal Interactive – Career site for executive, managerial and professional jobs. Search database of available positions by company name, industry, job function, and location. Also includes career-related columns.
- Adam-Bryce, Inc. – Recruiting firm that has been staffing Information Technology professionals since the late 1970’s. Provides a job database and online application for IT pros.
- Aquent Partners – Specializes in making the best match between creative, Web, and technical talent, and the companies who hire them.
- America’s Employers – Resources for a comprehensive job search, including job search tips, resume bank, advertised positions, company database, networking, and online chat.
- Aviation Employee Placement Service – Search jobs, company profiles, add your qualifications to the database, and learn about career fairs.
- Computer Jobs Bank – Information technology and engineering job listings. Discussion groups, columnists, and IT-related resources.
- Computer Jobs Store – Employment site for computer and information technology professionals. Provides thousands of online job listings. Users may post their resumes for free.
- ComputerWork.com – Submit your resume to a job center for IT/IS, programming, analysts, and network pros.
- Computerworld – Search their database, post resumes, and read career-related articles.
- Developers.Net – Computer programming and software engineering job site.
- DICE High Tech Jobs – Job search Web site for computer professionals, with thousands of high tech permanent, contract, and consulting jobs nationwide.
- EngineeringJobs.com – Index of engineering jobs and resources.
- Jobs for Programmers – Developers and programmers may post their resumes and search the jobs database.
- PlanetResume.com – Career site where software/hardware/IS/IT professionals can post their resumes and search online job postings.
- Softwarejobs.com – Site is administered by Allen Davis & Associates, a search firms specializing in software and IT search and placement. Their clients include many of the top employers in the U.S.
- The Silicon Valley Job Source – Guide to jobs and companies in Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Space Jobs – Web site for the aerospace industry. Users who complete a profile receive matching job opportunities by e-mail.
- TelePlaza – Job listings of call center, telesales, and customer service positions on the Internet.
- Texas ComputerJobs Store – Helps computer and information technology pros find jobs. Provides thousands of job listings for candidates seeking jobs in the IT field.
Human Resources Jobs
- ihirehr.com – Search through thousands of Human Resources jobs.
Medical and Healthcare Jobs
- HealthCareerWeb – Jobs for healthcare professionals. Search listings for high-paying, challenging positions in the healthcare field.
- Christian Jobs – largest online job search website for Christian employment including ministry organizations, nonprofit, business, and work from home. Search openings and listings for marketing, sales, accounting, teaching, counseling, and more employment opportunities.
- International Network of Children’s Network – Job baord for jobs inolving children’s ministry. Abilty to post resumes as well.
Non-Profit Sector Jobs
- National Opportunity NOCs – Resource for nonprofit jobs and employment opportunities. Job seekers can search a database of available nonprofit jobs online.
- Nonprofit Career Network – Resource center for individuals seeking jobs in the nonprofit sector. Post your resume and search a database of job listings and job fairs.
Entry-Level & Student Jobs
- Adguide’s College Recruiter Employment Site – Used by candidates who are seeking part-time jobs and full-time career opportunities.
- The Job Resource – Post your resume and have matching jobs e-mailed to you. Search for jobs from over 700 top companies.
- Monster Campus – Search for internships and entry-level jobs. Includes resources, such as links, articles, and Q&A.
- Summer Jobs – Opportunities with camps and resorts for seasonal employees.
Recreational, Music, & Hospitality Jobs
- Applause Music Careers – Site for production and performance careers.
- Casino Careers Online – Provides experienced gaming personnel with a system to post their resumes online in an open access or confidential format.
- Jobs in National Parks – Search jobs in national parks, resorts, amusement parks, state parks, and camps.
Academic & Education Careers
- Academic Employment Network – Educational employment opportunities for teachers and other school-related positions at all academic levels. Listed in alphabetical order by state, educational institution, and position.
- After College – a job and internship site for college students and recent college grads. Post your resume or search for job openings (by job type, industry, type of work, location, and keyword)
- College Grad – great site for students, lots of tools, interview questions, templates, and stuff by major or degree.
- Education JobSite – Source for K-12 teaching and administrative opportunities. Search for the exact position you want by state, specialty, school type, and grade.
- K-12 Jobs for School Teachers and School Administrators – Site posts job opportunities for kindergarten, elementary schools, junior high, high schools, and vocational schools.
- National Educators Employment Review – Features K-12 job openings for superintendents, administrators, specialists, and teachers.
Show Biz / Media Careers
- MediaLine.com – Interactive resource for television industry. Search jobs, agent directory, and read about industry news.
- ShowBizJobs.com – Recruitment managers from leading companies in film, television, recording, and attractions industries who seek candidates for a multitude of industry-related positions. Locate current career opportunities with the entertainment leaders. Search by company name, job category, or geographic location for the most up-to-date job openings.
Military or Military to Civilian Sites
- Defense Logics Agency – Job board for careers with the Defense Logics Agency.
- Military.com – the largest veteran job board
- Transition Assistance Online – Job site for transitioning service members and veterans. Submit your resume to TA0 and search their wide variety of employment opportunities.
- U.S. Army Home Page
Minority Career Sites
- BilingualCareer.com – Bilingual job-seekers (Englist and at least one other language) can search job listings (by language, location, industry, keywords) post your resume, and find job interviewing and resume preparation advice.
- Diversity.com – Offering minority executive jobs and quality careers for niche employees, job board and unique program caters to individuals with unique skills and high-end career interests.
- DiversityWorking.com – Great diversity job site where job-seekers can search for jobs (by location, industry, job listing type, posting recency, and keywords), as well as post your resume, and sign up for a free newsletter.
Sites for People with Disabilities
- Goodwill Industries International – education resource and job search website.
Women at Work
- Women for Hire – Website for women providing information on career expos, job boards, information on working from home, and other valuable information.
- Green Career Central – an online resource center to help mid-career professionals make sense of the green economy and find a green career that leverages their skills and experience in the new economy.
Coach Kevin Tucker Consulting & Coaching regularly checks all links. However, due to the constantly-changing nature of the Internet, some of these links may not operate. If you find a disconnected link or would like to recommend a link, please let us know — thanks!)