What is personal coaching?
Personal coaching is an ongoing, interactive partnership designed to help achieve your career and life goals more easily and effectively.
As the career coach, it’s my role is to assist you in strengthening your skills, implementing new strategies, and discovering new solutions to major issues or obstacles.
Why do people hire a career coach?
People hire career coaches because they want a partner to help them perform and be their absolute best. Specifically, they might hire a coach because they:
- Want more out of life
- Are transitioning to a different career
- Are tired of struggling to achieve success and are looking for an easier way
- Want to learn and grow
- Don’t feel they are reaching their full potential
- Want to change or improve in some way
- Are undergoing a personal or professional transition
- Want to clarify or re-connect with their vision
- Want help in defining goals that fit their values, their needs and their wants
- Want help in developing strategies or plans
- Want someone who will tell them the truth about their situation with honest, objective feedback
- Want someone who will hold them accountable
- Want someone to teach them practical and effective tools and techniques.
Who can benefit from career coaching?
Anyone who feels they are not reaching their full potential in their career or personal life. Consider hiring a coach if you are “coachable.” That means you should be:
- To accept responsibility for your life and the decisions you make
- And able to invest time in yourself
- To communicate honestly
- To try new approaches
- And able to do the work required
- To receiving feedback and assistance
- To working through the truth
- To new ideas and ways of thinking
How does career coaching work? How much time is involved? Is it face-to-face?
Coaching engagements are specifically tailored to the unique needs and personality of each individual. The first step is to ensure that there is a good fit and the path that will be taken. Once this path is chosen, an agreement is signed and the conversation begins.
The conversation can happen either in-person or over the phone, but it is likely that at least one meeting will be face-to-face. Typically, I start with the Career Planning Report, which is a combination DISC personality assessment (that examines behavioral styles and preferences) and career profile.
Finally, depending on the program selected, the time spent together could be anywhere from a few hours to a number of months.
What happens in an actual career counseling session?
Every career coach has a different approach.
My approach is to begin each meeting by discussing all the activity and accomplishments since the last conversation. Simple as it sounds, this is a very powerful way to start a meeting because in the fast-paced—and often negative—world we live in, we don’t usually take time to reflect and focus on what we have accomplished; we are already on to the next opportunity or challenge.
Then, the meeting focuses on the challenges and opportunities today and issues you need coaching on; this discussion takes up most of our time together.
Finally, the meeting wraps up by summarizing key points and confirming the commitments that you will have achieved by the next meeting. I’ll review and analyze all this information with you while staying focused on the big picture.
What results have clients achieved by hiring a career coach?
The career of their dreams.
From graduating college to the boardroom, these are the results of countless clients. See a few of the testimonials.
What sets Coach Kevin Tucker apart from other coaches?
I live by my coaching principles each and every day. I continue to deepen my education, certifications, and practical knowledge.
I work with a coach, too to constantly challenge myself in new areas, and continues to learn and improve. My goals are ones you might find practical, too, like:
- Making things work better in business
- Tackling obstacles
- Ultimately becoming more focused as help coach individuals and organizations.
What does career coaching cost?
Coaching fees depend on the services needed, the level of the person in the organization, and the agreed upon time frame. It doesn’t cost anything to get your analysis, contact Coach Kevin Tucker today.
How long will I need career counseling sessions?
Every person is different, so every program is customized for each client. I work with clients who are looking to make life changes.
Depending on the program, it could take a matter of weeks to up to a year. Remember, changing your life can take time.